Hand trucks are a great tool to make manual material handling safer and easier. Keep these tips in mind when operating this type of equipment:
- Wear heavy-duty work gloves with a good grip; steel-toed shoes are also recommended.
- Always place the heaviest objects on the bottom.
- Use proper lifting techniques in loading and unloading to minimize back strain.
- Push, don’t pull.
- Plan your route, considering doorways, blind corners or other obstacles you need to navigate.
- Park the hand truck out of the way, making sure it isn't blocking an aisle or emergency exit.
We want you to stay safe while on assignment. If your responsibilities or work conditions change, please notify us immediately.